Monday, July 4, 2011

Wrapping Up

I am sorry that I haven't posted here in awhile. I have either been busy or suffering from writer's block. This won't be a post with any specific story or theme—it will just be me talking in general about my time here in Tokyo in light of my transfer to Karuizawa tomorrow.

Well, we almost almost got everything done in the SSS office. It will now be ready for when school starts up! I have done so many different tasks that I never got bored. I loved the quiet of the office and the being able to occupy my hands and mind. But most of all I enjoyed working with Mrs. Epley and getting to help her out in what way I could.

That seems to be a big theme of my trip, actually—the people I've met. It's funny. I came here to try and do my best to bless the missionaries here in some way, but they are the ones who have blessed me a hundredfold.

The people here are busy. Very busy. It is not easy to be a missionary in Japan, nor is it easy to just be a Christian. But despite that, everyone found time to be so kind to me. For the most part they even remembered my name without being reminded.

Whether it was at MCC (the church I went to here), or CAJ, or at the Epleys home, or just randomly on the streets, I met so many incredible, incredible people. I am going to miss them when I leave Tokyo, even though I look forward to meeting all the people up in Karuizawa.

I also got to do more plain fun things than I expected. I went to an amusement park with a Japanese friend, did Karaoke (which is way better than in America, for the record), ate daifku, went shopping, saw the overwhelming sights of Tokyo, and on and on. I cannot believe how blessed I have been on this trip. And I honestly love the work I get to do as much as the play.

If you can, say a prayer for the amazing missionaries in Japan. They need all the encouragement and empowerment they can get, for the harvest is ripe but the workers comparatively few. I heard a Japanese man say “God is in Japan.” I believe it is true.

I have three more weeks in Japan. I can't wait to go home and share my experiences with everyone, though I know I will miss being here quite a lot. Thank you all for your prayers and support! I am excited about what I will get to do (even though I have no clue what I will be doing yet) in Karuizawa. Look forward to some pictures and updates!

(I have uploaded all five weeks worth of pictures on Facebook now, if anyone is interested!)

To God be the glory, great things He has done. =)

In Him,

Mercy

1 comment: